Monday, July 11, 2011

Frances, Better Known as "Ma"

I was cleaning out some storage tubs that were in need of going through, and I came across this poem. I remember clearly when I found it years ago, and how I felt when I read it.

As I sit alone at night it's late
I think of all the things I love and hate.
What a shame and what a waste
That this world lives in such haste.
I do not know what the future holds
For the strong-willed and bold.
But for the gentle, mild and meek
For the comforts that they seek.
There is an old and true prediction:
If you have the courage of your convictions.

~Frances,  better known as Ma.

I have often wondered what year my mom wrote this; it had no date on it. But now for 21 years it has been a framed writing in my home, and my sister and brother's homes.  I know where I get some of my writing tendencies.  This is just one of countless memories of my Ma, whom God loves.
I love you, Ma, and miss you everyday.
Thanks for life.

Your daughter,
Laura xoxo

Our  Beloved  Mother
Frances Stack Grosey (1939-1990)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Laurie. This reminds me that I want to tell a story about your mom, too and what a difference she made to me as a little girl. You have gotten me thinking about this!
    Love you, cousin!

    ReplyDelete